Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What's On TV?

Good morning!
Yesterday was a fun day. We took our students to Mainz, home of Guttenberg and his moveable type press. It was a great trip! The weather was perfect, the kids were good (mostly), and I was able to pay homage to an invention that has literally changed the world. I don't read as much as I used to or as much as I would like. I am currently re-reading Margaret George's The Autobiography of Henry VIII - one of my very favorite books! But, even though I have read it numerous times, it is a little slow going this time. But, that is probably because I am trying to read it during the students' silent reading time - and they are usually not totally silent. So, I have lots of shhhhhhhh-shing to do! I hope to have it finished soon. I'm not sure what my next book will be...I think I might try to find out what books by Stephen King I have unread on my shelf. Which brings me to the reason for my blog title today...
I am watching Season 4 of The Dead Zone on DVD. It is a sci-fi series based on the King novel of the same name. It stars Anthony Michael Hall (who aged pretty well, actually - so far from the geeky kid in 16 Candles). It is a pretty good show. Just enough "what will happen next?" to keep me interested, but not so much that I am going crazy trying to figure stuff out. But, my favorite part of the show is Sean Patrick Flanery. I've had a little crush on him since his Young Indiana Jones Chronicles days. His character in TDZ is so charmingly sneaky, so deliciously crooked...and just a lilt of a Southern accent...my, oh, my! I really hope YIJC comes to DVD soon!

Just Ramblin'

Marcee

No comments: