Saturday, June 28, 2008

Freebie and Super Saver Saturday June 28th!

I've had this blog for a while now, and I realize that I haven't really done much "blogging" in the sense of writing and sharing. This is a little odd because writing is something that comes fairly naturally to me - I studied it in college and have two English degrees (okay, you can stop laughing now) - but sharing is not really me.

I am not a very social person. In fact, most people have found me to seem "stuck-up" when they first meet me because I don't talk a lot in social situations when I don't know people. I am a lot better now than when I was younger. My mom could not get me away from a book long enough to say hello to visiting family. I am also not good at talking on the phone. I really don't like it - never have - except for the brief periods when I had crushes on boys. I could talk to them for hours...LOL. And, with my friends and most family I will talk...some might think too much.

So, I have made it a personal goal to try to share something every once in a while. I would like to once a week, but I know that won't happen - LOL - life is too busy. But, at least you will know I am trying.

Here is today's tale...
Every morning one of my children - I am not saying which one - gets up before everyone else. This child prepares breakfast at exactly 6 AM every day because that is the earliest house rules will allow it (due to the noise creating breakfast usually makes). I am usually up about 5:30. Today was no different. I hear this crashing and clanking coming from the kitchen - more than the usual noise level...I go to investigate (mind you, this is BEFORE coffee).
I ask, "What is all that noise?"
The child looks at me and says, "I was putting the dishes away."
Now, normally this would be a cause for rejoicing in any household...a kid actually helping out without being asked. But, no, not in my house, and NOT this morning because as is typical - when my kids help out on a volunteer basis, it usually means they are doing it horribly wrong.
Don't get me wrong. I love them all, but I'm not sure how my skull hasn't exploded yet.

So, I look at the child - take away the coffee mug about to go onto the shelf - and say, "But, these dishes aren't clean. The dishwasher did not run. Can't you tell they aren't clean?!?!??" Apparently those really expensive glasses do not give one the ability to see dried mac-n-cheese or coffee stains on ordinary household items. Sigh.
So, as I listen to the hum of my dishwasher, I present to you my great deals for Super Saver Saturday today at DigibyDesign!

It is my Alisa Collection - all of it is on sale for 50% OFF today ONLY - June 28th!

I've created a matching freebie for you. Here's a cute sticker alphas and some flowers and flower clips.
This freebie has been retired.
Talk to you soon!
Marcee

Obsolete links and images have been removed.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 28 Jun [LA 01:25am, NY 03:25am, UK 08:25am, OZ 06:25pm]).

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Love this cute alpha.